Last updated: 07/06/2020
Your privacy is important to us. We abide by these fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it to run our Prospect Maximizer website and our Prospect Maximizer user management platform (collectively, our “Services”).
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our Services.
- We strive for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information. It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website, prospectmaximizer.com (our “Site”).
1. The Types of Personal Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so– for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Specifically, we collect:
- Information You Provide to Us: We collect information that you provide to us when you sign up for an account for the Services, enter information through our online forms, or contact us by phone or email for information or customer services. The categories of information include:
Contact information – we collect information such as your name and email address
Credentials – depending on the type of Services you use, you may provide us with your credentials for other websites, social media accounts, or browser extensions, which we collect
Information you provide voluntarily to us – we collect the information you provide when you respond to surveys, communicate with our team about a support question, or post a question about your account in our public forums
Financial information – we collect your payment and credit card information for paid online subscription accounts for the Services, which we process through our third party payment processor Stripe. We also use Quickbooks to invoice certain customers
- Information We Automatically Collect. We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site. This includes Log Data, such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics, and whether you reached our Site via a social media or email campaign. This information may be collected via several technologies, including cookies, web beacons, clear GIFs, canvas fingerprinting and other means. We currently use Google Analytics to collect this information. Specifically, the categories of information we automatically collect are:
Usage Information – We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that users perform on our Site – in other words, who did what. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services, interactions with other parts of our Services) along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
Location Information – We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Stored Information – We may access information stored on your mobile device via our mobile app. We access this stored information through your device operating system’s permissions.
Interactions with Other Users’ Sites – We collect some information about your interactions with other users’ sites while you are logged in to your account with us, such as your “Likes” and the fact that you commented on a particular post, so that we can, for example, recommend additional content we think may interest you.
- Information We Collect From Third Parties. We may get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your Prospect Maximizer account through another service (like Google, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram) or if you connect your Prospect Maximizer account to a social media service (like Twitter, Facebook or Instagram), we will receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and friends list) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The same is true for information from any Email Service Provider to which you choose to connect your Prospect Maximizer account. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available. We may also get information, such as a mailing address, from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes like postcards and other mailers advertising our services.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, backup and restore your account, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their websites more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by us and third parties that we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on our Services; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
3. How Do We Share Your Information & How Long Do We Keep it?
- How We Share Your Information. We do not sell your information to others. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below:
- Third Party Vendors – we may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your account. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you), those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that extend our product (such as Email Service Providers), who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We only select vendors with robust privacy commitments as a prerequisite for sharing information with them.
- Legal Requests – we may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others – We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property and rights, the property and rights of third parties, or the public at large.
- With Your Consent – We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your account.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information – we may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests – if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
- Information Shared Publicly – information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly.
- How Long We Keep Your Information. We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of prospectmaximizer.com, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to our website and investigate issues if something goes wrong on our website.
4. How Do We Respond to ‘Do Not Track’ Signals?
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
The cookies we use are:
- Cookie provider Purpose
- Our own service capturing and storing account information about your settings and preferences
- Google Analytics understanding how visitors browse and use prospectmaximizer.com
- Zopim assisting customers with the Prospect Maximizer product via live chat
- Facebook serving targeted Facebook ads to prospectmaximizer.com visitors
- Doubleclick serving targeted Google ads to prospectmaximizer.com visitors
To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. For more details on your choices regarding use of your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising visit youronlinechoices.eu (EU based) or optout.aboutads.info (US based). On a mobile device, you may also be to adjust your settings to limit ad tracking. You can opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
6. Your Privacy Choices
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services–for example, usage of your paid accounts–may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features (like adding a location to a photograph, for example).
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using the Site, with the drawback that certain features of Site may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services, you can close your Prospect Maximizer account at any time. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described above in Section 3–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
7. California & Nevada Privacy Rights
- Your rights as a California Consumer. If you are a California consumer, you have the following rights, which will be explained in further detail in this section:
- The right to know what personal information is being collected about you.
- The right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom.
- The right to say no to the sale of personal information.
- The right to access your personal information.
- The right, in certain circumstances, to delete the information you have provided to us.
- The right to equal service and price, even if you exercise your privacy rights.
- Request for Information and Deletion. California consumers have the right to request, up to twice in a 12-month period, that a business that collects personal information about the consumer disclose to the consumer the information listed below for the preceding 12 months:
(1) The categories of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
(2) The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
(3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
(4) The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
(5) The categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
(6) The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
(7) The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
We have the right to request verification of your identity for all requests. To make such a request, please call us at (615) 669-3089 or visit http://prospectmaximizer.com/contact-us-2/.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information. California consumers have the right to opt out of the sale of the consumer’s personal information. To make such a request, please call us at (615) 669-3089 or visit http://prospectmaximizer.com/contact-us-2/.
- Third Party Marketing. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Information” section below.
- Nevada Privacy Rights. Nevada consumers have the right to opt out of the sale of the consumer’s personal information. At this time, we do not sell consumer’s personal information to third parties.
8. Legal Bases for Processing (EEA Individuals) & EEA Individual’s Rights
- Legal Bases for Processing for EEA Individuals. If you are from the European Economic Area, our legal bases for collecting and using your Personal Information is as follows:
- The performance of your contract or to enter into the contract and to take action on your requests. For example, the processing of your Prospect Maximizer account registration and providing e-mail alerts regarding the status of your free trial, technical support and updates to your account.
- Our legitimate business interests. For example, fraud prevention, maintaining the security of our network and services, direct marketing to you, and improvement of our services.
- Compliance with a mandatory legal obligation. For example, accounting and tax requirements, which are subject to mandatory retention periods. We may also collect your Personal Information to record your requests to exercise your rights and to verify your identity for such requests.
- Consent you provide where we do not rely on another legal basis. Consent may be withdrawn at any time.
- In some limited cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement requirements, as described above in “How Do We Share Personal Information?”
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Information” section below.
- EEA Individuals’ Rights. If you are from the European Economic Area, you have the right, under certain circumstances, to:
- Access your Personal Information;
- Correct inaccurate Personal Information;
- Request erasure of your Personal Information without undue delay;
- Request the restricted processing of your Personal Information;
- Request portability of the Personal Information that you have given us; and
- To object to the processing of your Personal Information.
If you are from the European Economic Area, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, under certain circumstances. You may contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Information” section below for more information or to exercise your rights.
9. International Transfers of Data
Any data that you provide to us may be accessed, shared or processed by our offices, located in the United States, and service providers located in the United States, if such data transfer is necessary for the specific purpose for which you submitted your data (such as the provision of goods or services under a written contract).
This may entail a transfer of your personal information across international borders. The data protections standards may differ and be lower than the standards enforced in your jurisdiction.
We maintain appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law for any personal information transferred internationally, and as required by applicable law, will seek your consent prior to such transfers.
10. Children’s Privacy
The Sites are not directed at individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Information” section below. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
11. Change of Control
Personal information may be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization or other change in control. If we sell, merge or transfer any part of the business, part of the sale may include your personal information.
12. How Do We Protect Personal Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. For example, when possible, we use encryption to transfer and store data. We further limit access to this data using access controls and confidentiality commitments.
However, no website, application, or transmission can guarantee security. Thus, while we have established and maintain what we believe to be reasonable procedures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of personal information obtained through the Sites, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
13. Policy Changes
14. Contact Information
Prospect Maximizer is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with LinkedIn, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates. The official LinkedIn website can be found at http://www.linkedin.com. The name “LinkedIn” as well as related names, marks, emblems and images are registered trademarks of LinkedIn. By using this service, you agree to the Terms of Service.